Earthquakes & Wind Damage In Tarzana and Reseda
When earthquakes happen, they cause damage to water, power, and sewer lines. Such problems aren't always known right away. Before you realize it, your home can have water within the walls, ceiling or floor or even catch fire. Gas lines can also become disconnected during earthquakes and cause a fire or explosion. If you notice a gas odor, call the gas company right away and try to locate and turn off your gas. It is important to check all of your home after an earthquake. You can find more information on preparing for an earthquake on the EPA site
High Winds come and go throughout the year in our Tarzana and Reseda communities. When a High Wind advisory happens, there are a few things you can do.
- Move all patio furniture indoors.
- Keep all yard tools and equipment covered or within your shed.
- Keep debris around your home clear and dispose of large branches.
- Keep surrounding trees trimmed regularly.
- Inspect your roof for any loose shingles and repair if needed.
- When replacing your roof, keep extra shingles for situations like this.
Loose or broken tiles can lead to water damage in your home so it is important to inspect often.
Always keep SERVPRO in mind when you have Storm Damage, water damage, fire, or mold. SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda can help you through it! 818-881-3636