FLOODING - Who is responsible if you are renting?
If you suffer from a loss call SERVPRO 818-881-3636
Flood Insurance -
Flood insurance is not commonly included in a standard property policy. You have to add it. Neither is it standard in a renters policy. The insurance can be purchased as a separate policy that requires a waiting period of 30 days before coverage begins.
Landlord's Responsibility -
Landlords are usually responsible for insurance for the property itself. Property protection commonly includes:
- Structural damage
- Appliance replacement
- Fixed Fixtures
- Pipes and things inside the wall
- Restoration to the structure by qualified specialists
Responsibility of Tenants -
The tenants are commonly responsible for an insurance policy that covers personal possessions. If a flood is covered, the renter’s coverage can also include:
- Paid temporary relocation in a comparable home
- General living expenses like food and clothing
- Replacement of personal items affected by the loss
Unusual Circumstances -
Often times landlords are not responsible for the tenant’s property. However, If the property owner is responsible through neglect or irresponsibility, the tenant may have a legal case against the landlord for damages incurred and pursue restitution.
For more tips or if you have questions call SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda anytime. 818-881-3636
Bathroom Water Damage Tips Til Help Arrives
Call SERVPRO 24/7/365 818-881-3636
No matter which fixture may malfunction and cause water damage in Tarzana or Reseda homes, homeowners must respond quickly to any water damage situation. This will further to protect your house, its contents, and your family. There are steps that you can do while you wait for our SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda professionals to arrive with our advanced mitigation and drying equipment:
Turn Off The Water
If there is no shut off valve you can employ in your bathroom, you can locate a shutoff point for the entire property outside of your home.
Start Protecting Your Belongings
Remove all belongings from the immediate area.
The spread of the damage can affect adjoining rooms as well and put some valuables at risk. You can move your items to an area away from the spreading effects until restoration work is complete.
Keep Away From The Damaged Area
After the water is shut down, keep away from the damaged area as much as possible. You'll want the affected areas to be accessible to our SERVPRO technicians when we first arrive, so there are no delays in mitigation.
Whenever disaster strikes, employ these strategies and call 818-881-3636.
Storm Damage Restoration in Tarzana and Reseda
Call SERVPRO in a storm situation 24/7/365. 818-881-3636
The sooner you contact SERVPRO the sooner our technicians can be on-site and can evaluate the storm damage. We start the mitigation process right away in most cases. Your insurance company requires that you perform the tasks necessary to limit further damage and restore your home to continue coverage. We strive to protect your property and assist with your recovery from the storm damage.
Residential Storm Damage Types:
- Roofing and exterior damage
- Fallen trees/Wind
- Fallen power lines
- Scattered debris
SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda storm damage restoration emergency response teams will assess the damage to your home or office. convey our findings and recommendations to your insurance adjuster, and start the necessary repairs quickly.
The security and safety of your property are our primary concerns. This increases with the level of damage. Our team will start the mitigation process which can include:
- Temporary power generation
- Tree removal
- Roof tarping services
- Water extraction and mitigation
SERVPRO is the team you can trust. Remember, speed is critical when mitigating storm damage, so don’t hesitate to call now 818-881-3636.
Who Chooses The Restoration Company After A Water Loss?
Got Water Damage? Call SERVPRO 818-881-3636
When deciding to make a claim after water damage, most home owners, businesses, and property owners are feeling overwhelmed and need help. Opening a claim means there has been water, fire, mold, or biohazard loss. Whether it is property damage due to fire, water, or biological hazards, it is probably already a trying time without having to navigate the claims process and choose a vendor.
Talking to your insurance company can be a daunting experience. When the call is made there will be a lot of questions, including the very important: “Which restoration company are you going to use?”
- Do You know who gets to decide?
- What does a “Preferred Vendor” mean?
- Who are preferred vendors”?
- Why ae the preferred?
Usually, your insurance company's claims adjuster will check to see if you have coverage for some or all of the loss. Then they might make a suggestion from a list of people they have worked with and have relationships with. They have a list of Preferred Vendors in your area that they recommend you choose from. You can also choose any contractor that you are comfortable with. However, by choosing one of their vendors they can guarantee the work and arrange repairs if the work is not completed properly for any reason.
SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda has agreements with thousands of insurance companies and pre-agreed upon pricing to ensure that not only is your loss covered you will not have to come out of pocket because we negotiate with them and are paid directly by them.
If you have water damage or any loss call SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda We'll get you covered. 818-881-3636
Be Flood Wise
SERVPRO 24/7/365 818-881-3636
Floods are one of the most common natural disasters in the U.S. Whether your home or business is near a coastline, in the city, or in the mountains there is always the potential for flood damage. In the last five years, all 50 states have experienced flooding or flash floods.
flood safety tips:
- Stay away from floodwaters. If you come upon an area where water is above your ankles, stop, turn around and go another way. Six inches of swiftly moving water can sweep you off your feet.
- Do not drive in floodwaters. If you approach a flooded road while driving, turn around safely. If you are caught on a flooded road and waters are rising rapidly around you, get out of the car quickly and move to higher ground. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
- Keep children out of the water. They are curious and often lack judgment about running water or contaminated water.
Even small floods cause damage to a structure when not treated quickly and properly. The cleanup is often a large and daunting task. SERVPRO is prepared to handle any size disaster.
If a flood strikes your home or business, contact SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda. 818-881-3636
Fall Floods Can Mean Flash Flooding
When flooding happens, call SERVPRO 818-881-3636
Plan Ahead for a Fall Flash Flood
- Make a plan and learn about your home's risk and elevation above the flood area.
- Contact your Red Cross emergency management office or zoning department to find out about your flood risk.
- By knowing the elevation of your property you know if forecasted flood levels will affect your home.
- Learn more about flooding and flash flooding in your area by contacting the National Weather Service (NWS).
If you are at risk, take steps to reduce damage and the risk of injury or loss to your family.
Call SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda if you need help. We are here for you 24/7/365. 818-881-3636
Fire Cleanup Help 24/7/365 SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda
After the fire call SERVPRO to help. 818-881-3636
From the moment that SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda's experienced fire damage technicians arrives at your property, we learn all we can about the fire damage that your home has experienced. We know what steps are necessary to return your home or business to preloss condition.
Try not to touch anything if possible. You should wait for our response team to arrive before inspecting the damage yourself. There could be many hazards and contaminants present that pose health or safety concerns. Our specialists have rigorous and ongoing training and use personal protective equipment to keep them safe. They easily identify risks and hazards present in fire recovery projects and develop a plan.
When a fire threatens your home or business, you need a team like SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda. We can arrive quickly and help you start to put things back together in a timely manner.
Our IICRC-certified technicians have the training and specialized equipment to make an immediate difference in your home, property, or business. You can reach our 24-hour response team anytime that disaster strikes by calling 818-881-3636.
Know the difference between a WATCH and a WARNING.
Call SERVPRO 24/7 in an emergency. 818-881-3636
Storm Season is rapidly approaching SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda urges you to be informed
- A National Weather Service WATCH is a message telling you that conditions favor certain hazardous weather conditions. For example, a severe thunderstorm watch means that a severe thunderstorm is expected in the next six hours. Within an approximately 120 to 150 miles wide and 300 to 400 miles long (36,000 to 60,000 square miles)area.
- A WARNING means that a hazardous event is occurring or is about to within an hour. Local NWS offices issue warnings on a by-county basis.
- More WATCHES are issued than WARNINGS. A WATCH is the first sign a flood may happen when one is issued, be aware of potential flood hazards. Floods can tear out trees, destroy buildings and bridges. They also often carry debris and can trigger catastrophic mudslides.
- Be prepared flash floods and head for higher ground. Even a low level of fast-moving flood water produces a lot of force, and the most dangerous thing you can do is to try walking, swimming, or driving through floodwaters. As little as two feet of water will carry away most automobiles.
Now that you know the difference, be prepared and stay safe.
Call SERVPRO at 818-881-3636
Practicing fire safety in your business
We’re here to help! 818-881-3636
These tips may save you time and money and keep your work safe:
- Have high-quality smoke detectors installed on or near the ceilings of your office. Include storage areas, warehouses, and outlying buildings.
- Installing Carbon Monoxide alarms in the same areas is a wise choice.
- Ensure that you have multipurpose fire extinguishers in several areas of your property. Make sure your staff knows where they are and how they are used.
- Schedule HVAC inspections on a regular basis.
- Create an escape plan and take steps to ensure that everyone understands it. Post your evacuation plan in public areas so that both your staff and customers are aware of where to go in the event of a fire.
- Second story buildings should have an escape ladder.
- Post warnings near any elevators that they are not to be used in case of a fire.
- Contact your local fire department for tips.
- During repair or remodeling of your business, make sure fire-resistant materials are used whenever possible.
Call the team here at SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda for assistance if you have a fire.
The key to controlling mold is moisture control
Ready to help with your mold problems. 818-881-3636
Mold spores can’t grow if elevated moisture levels aren't present. If there is a moisture problem in your home or office, you must fix the water issue or the mold will return or continue to grow.
Never clean the mold with bleach. Since it is a water-based chemical you will hide the presence but ultimately feed the mold. It is important to wear protective clothing if trying to clean mold yourself. Better yet, playing it safe and call SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda to ensure the clean-up gets done right the first time. SERVPRO uses high-tech mold removal methods and equipment in the remediation process, including:
- Moisture meters
- Humidity gauges
- HEPA filtered vacuums
- Borescope Cameras (to view potential mold problems inside walls without damaging them)
- Thermographic cameras
If you suspect that mold is affecting the health of those in your home or office space, please don’t wait—mold problems should be addressed within 24 to 48 hours.
To learn more about mold remediation, call SERVPRO today! 818-881-3636