The Dangers and Prevention of Restaurant Fires in Tarzana & Reseda, CA
In the U.S 8,000 restaurant fires happen each year. Roughly $165 million in fire damage losses. NFPA states that cooking equipment is the leading cause of restaurant fires by 61%. Do you know the best way to prevent a restaurant fire in your Tarzana or Reseda business? SERVPRO knows the prevention measures you can take to deter disaster in your dining or takeout or restaurant delivery establishment.
Vents and fans accumulate grease. A single spark can light grease buildup. Oven hoods also hold flammable cooking debris. This can cause a fire hazard.
- Clean daily
- Thorough hood cleaning should be done twice a year
- Clean grease traps as mandated by the NFPA
Gas leaks are the most dangerous because they cause an explosion. Gas leaks occur when pipes break and leak flammable gas into the air. Sparks can ignite the gas and lead to an explosion.
- Know the signs of a gas leak: smell, orange/yellow flames, pilot light out
- Perform equipment inspections regularly
- replace worn-out equipment
Unsafe or faulty wiring can spark a fire easily. Overloading outlets & outdated kitchen equipment can cause fires or even explosions.
- Use only up-to-code commercial equipment
- Update wiring that can handle a busy kitchen
In the unfortunate event a restaurant fire occurs call SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda to clean up any fire, smoke, soot, or debris. 818-881-3636