Fire Damage Do's from SERVPRO of Tarzana/Reseda
Here are some Do's for after fire damage.
* Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
* Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, drapes, and carpets.
* Blow or brush vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes, and carpets.
* Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery,and carpets traffic areas.
* If electricity is off, empty freezer, and refrigerator completely, and prop doors open.
* Clean, and protect chrome on kitchen, and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances with light coating of Vaseline or oil.
* Wash house plants on both sides of leaves.
* Change HVAC filter.
* Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
* Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.